- The Weird South: "Why does the South provide such a rich playground for authors and filmmakers exploring the darker side of humanity?"
- Pushing the Diaspora Darkly: Atlantic was the city at the centre of the civil rights movement. The convention will look at "diversity and an emerging global view of horror as it moves into the 21st century with a new generation of writers from different cultural backgrounds."
- Terrifying Tropes and Deadly Definitions: "Classic monsters will still get their due, but we’ll be looking for new angles to challenge and inspire, as well as exploring sub-genre definitions and cross-pollination with other genres."
- YA Rocks: Why is horror so popular for young adults?
- The State of Horror, 1991: A look back at the founding of the WHC and the hottest horror topics and authors at that time.
- The Art of Fear: An examination of the "latest trends in horror art, comics, artist spotlights, the business of art, and other media-related programming."
- The Business of Horror: How "to maximize the latest developments in marketing and publishing."
Monday, 23 March 2015
Themes of the 2015 World Horror Convention
This is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Wold Horror Convention to be held on May 7-10 in Atlantic, Georgia. These are the seven themes of the 2015 event: